UW Extension Publishes Ag Risk Mitigation Factsheets
May 17, 2021
Western Area Livestock and Ag Risk Mitigation factsheets from the University of Wyoming Extension are now available to download as PDF, HTML or ePub formats at http://bit.ly/WALARM-Factsheets
Scott Cotton, UW Extension educator.
These factsheets can help producers prepare for a variety of disasters. Factsheets include:
- Practical Livestock Evacuation
- Mitigating Impacts of Livestock Transportation Accidents
- Livestock Handling During Disasters
- Go Bags
- Forming and Engaging County Agriculture Response Teams
- Establishing and Operating Disaster Information Centers
- Establishing and Operating Animal Shelters
- Ag Producers Safety During Wildfires
“Maintaining the sustainability of agriculture includes the ability to respond to incidents, reduce risks and mitigate disaster impacts on the industry crucial to everyone,” said Scott Cotton, UW Extension area educator and factsheet author.
Source: Katie Shockley, University of Wyoming