Sheep Center Accepting Grant Proposals
July 3, 2020
The National Sheep Industry Improvement Center announced this week that it is accepting grant proposals through Sept. 15. The grants must be designed to improve the American sheep industry.
The sheep center has budgeted about $300,000 to support projects consistent with the grant program. The average grant amount in the last four years has been about $29,000. Financial assistance provided by the sheep center must accomplish one or more of the following objectives:
1. Strengthen and enhance the production and marketing of sheep and sheep products in the United States through the improvement of infrastructure, business, resource development and the development of innovative approaches to solve long term problems.
2. Provide leadership training and education to industry stakeholders.
3. Enhance sheep and sheep products in the United States through assistance to all segments of the industry to address sustainable production and marketing of sheep and sheep products.
4. Promote marketing of sheep and sheep products through an organized method that can measure tangible results.
5. Enhance the sheep industry by coordinating information exchange and by seeking mutual understanding and marketing within the industry.
The sheep center will review each proposal, recommend funding and submit final recommendations to the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service for approval. The center was established as part of the 2008 Farm Bill and was awarded funding by AMS to be used for the Sheep Production and Marketing Grant Program as part of the 2018 Farm Bill.
For more information on applying for a grant, contact Program Manager Steve Lee at (207) 236-6567 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or send mail to National Sheep Industry Improvement Center, 1578 Spring Water Way, Highlands Ranch, CO 80129.
USDA Announces Quality Loss Assistance Now Available for Eligible Producers Affected by 2018, 2019 Natural Disasters
January 6, 2021 - The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Farm Service Agency (FSA) today announced that signup for the Quality Loss Adjustment (QLA) Program will begin Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2021. Fu...