Gov. Gianforte Announces Ag Board Appointments
January 14, 2021
HELENA, Mont. – Governor Greg Gianforte today announced the following appointments to agricultural advisory boards.
Board of Hail Insurance
- Bing Von Bergen, Moccasin. Bergen is the owner and operator of Von Bergen Farms in Moccasin, Montana. Bergen has been farming for 41 years and raises wheat, barley, hay and peas.
Livestock Loss Board
- Doreen Gillespie, Ethridge. Gillespie owns a ranch 60 miles east of Glacier National Park in Ethridge. She served as the president of Montana Women Involved in Farm Economics for two years and a brand inspector for more than 25 years.
- Elaine Allestad, Big Timber. A third generation Montanan and a semi-retired rancher, Allestad serves as the Sweetgrass County Administrator and she was on the sub-committee of the Montana Advisory Wolf Plan Board.
- Joseph Kipp, Browning. As a rancher, Kipp raises and markets Angus Source Beef calf crop and he is the owner of Morning Star Outfitters. Kipp also has experience in tribal management of predators.
Board of Livestock
- Gene Curry, Valier. Curry has spent his life working in the livestock industry and his family runs a diversified operation with livestock and small grains in Valier.
- Alan Redfield, Livingston. Redfield graduated from Montana State University with a degree in Agriculture Education and taught in Montana public schools for more than a decade. He ranches in Livingston.
Board of Milk Control
- Staci Ketchum, Miles City. Raised in Eastern Montana, Ketchum runs a family ranch in Miles City. She works for the Developmental Educational Assistance Program, a non-profit organization that provides education, encouragement and opportunities throughout Eastern Montana. She is the Montana Farm Bureau County Vice President.
- Ken Bryan, Roundup. Bryan graduated from Montana State University with a degree in animal science & ruminant nutrition. Bryan has worked at Cargill Animal Nutrition for more than a decade and is a technical specialist.
- Scott Mitchell, Billings. Mitchell has been a chair of the Montana Board of Milk Control since 2011. For more than 28 years, Mitchell has practiced law in Montana and he is a partner at Holland & Hart, LLP.
- Brian Beerman, Fairfield. Beerman was previously involved in the dairy industry as a producer for more than 40 years and is a chairman of the board of directors at the Skyline Lodge in Choteau, Montana. Beerman has been reappointed to the Montana Board of Milk Control
- Travis Stroh, Glendive. Raised on a farm in Eastern Montana, Stroh has worked at SRS Crisafulli, Inc., a company that manufactures and markets pumping & dredging systems, for more than 15 years.
Source: Office of Gov. Gianforte & Western Ag Network